Talk to a professional expert in home care.
Community HealthChoices – Managed Care Organization Changes
As a participant in the Waiver program, it is important for you to know about Pennsylvania’s new managed long- term services and supports program, called Community HealthChoices – Managed Care Organization (CHC-MCO). It is a managed care program for individuals with physical disabilities and other eligible people, which will improve services for hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians. You will not lose any of the Medical Assistance services you are receiving now.
CHC-MCO uses managed care plans to make sure that all your physical health services and waiver services work together. The CHC-MCO plan you pick will work with your doctors and providers to ensure you receive the services you need. It is very important you choose the CHC-MCO plan that will fit your needs. Each participant will select from the following MCO’s; AmeriHealth Caritas (Keystone First in the Southeast), PA Health & Wellness, and UPMC Community Health Choices. If you do not make a selection, a choice will be made for you.
What you need to know
- You will receive a notice from the Department of Human Services about the changes
- You will receive an information packet that contains information about the CHC-MCO plans, benefits, and things to think about when picking a CHC-MCO plan. It will also tell you how to enroll in a CHC-MCO plan.If you do not select a CHC-MCO plan, you will receive a follow-up call.
- Discuss CHC-MCO with your providers; ask which CHC-MCO plans they will work with.
- It is important that you read the materials and learn about the CHC-MCO plans. Think about which plansinclude your providers and services most important to you.
- You must pick a CHC-MCO plan by Nov. 14, 2018. If you do not select a plan by Nov. 14, 2018, a CHC-MCOplan will be assigned to you.
- You should have received an invitation to community meetings. To register for an upcoming meeting, call1-833-735-4416 or go to www.healthchoices.pa.gov
- Contact your Service Coordinator if you have any questions.Questions?If you have any questions, you can call:
- CHC-MCO Participant Support Center at 1-833-735-4416 or by contacting the health plans directly.
- Your Service Coordinator 215-427-7800
- Office of Long-Term Living Participant Helpline at 800-757-5042, Monday through Friday between 9a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.; or e-mail RA-PWCHCWaiverProTra@pa.gov. Click here you will find a fact sheet that contains information on Community HealthChoices.