Speak with a home care professional today.
Health Information Management/Compliance (HIMC) Clerk:
Philadelphia, PA | Full-Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9a-5p
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Health Information Management and Compliance (HIMC) Supervisor, the HIMC Clerk is responsible for the record keeping procedures and storage of all medical records in a manner consistent with organizational policies and procedures, professional standards, including MCOs, state and federal laws and regulations.
Reports To: Health Information Management and Compliance Supervisor
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create or update participant records upon receipt of new documentation.
- Responsible for scanning, filing and organizing participant records through the electronic medical record database.
- Release health information according to federal and state regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly chart audits to ensure participant records contain the required documentation for services.
- Coordinate storage, archival and record retention of unscanned documents and retrieval of medical records as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Schedule is subject to change, including mandatory overtime, depending on business demands.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous clerical experience required.
- Health Information Management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
Submit for Employment Below:
Cedar Woods Care Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
Candidates are considered for employment with Cedar Woods Care Management without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Reasonable Accommodations and the Online Application Process
U.S. Census Bureau data shows that Berks County’s population of residents 65 and older is growing at a rate of over 13% percent.
Did you know that Chester County, PA is home to almost 100,000 senior citizens? For seniors that make Chester County home, there are abundant resources who can help make living in the Brandywine Valley a rich and supportive experience. Here are a few…
Located approximately 60 miles north of Philadelphia, the Lehigh Valley is one of the fastest growing regions in Pennsylvania. Home to beautiful countryside, scenic trails and rich history; it’s no wonder the area is home to thousands of senior citizens.
Caring for a loved one with dementia can be challenging – but there are many ways to ease the stress. Educating yourself about memory loss and cognitive impairments, learning proper care techniques...